Wednesday, February 2, 2011

418 days....

418 days ago I departed a plane from Germany with nothing but my dog, my clothes, and a broken marriage. I was scared with nothing, starting completely over. In those 418 days I have completely turned my life around...I have a career, a new car, a new condo, a great support circle, and so much to be thankful for. 418 days ago I never would have thought of being where I am today. I love my life!
If you would have told me those 418 days ago that everything was gonna turn completely around and I was gonna be stronger and happier and in a way better place making my dreams come true, I wouldn't have believed it. I embarked on a journey that day when I debarked the plane that was scarier than I have ever known. I got off that plan a broken woman. I didn't think I was gonna make it. And look at me now!
It is my world and there is nothing stopping me now. I am reaching my dreams on my own. Granted I had to change a few of those dreams because my American dream included a loving husband and kids. So what...I do it on my own, I'll have kids on my own...I'm ok with that. In the meantime if my one-n-only someone comes along and I have kids with them then so be it. I believe in what is meant will happen...nothing gonna stop me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment